About Riley Leonard
I was born and raised in Fairbanks, AK then studied at the University of Alaska Southeast in Juneau, AK for my undergraduate work. I also studied abroad in Honduras, Thailand and Spain. After graduating, I worked in the Alaska State Legislature for three years before attending law school at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. I’m an avid traveler and love bringing home new recipes to cook. I’m also a sports fanatic and love playing ultimate frisbee, soccer, and downhill skiing.
I went to law school to help people who don’t have the ability to help themselves. The legal system is complicated and can quickly become overwhelming. I became a lawyer to help clients navigate this system and work through some of the most difficult challenges in their lives.
When you’re not working… I’m playing sports, traveling, or eating!
Favorite Book: “Ender’s Game” by Orson Scott Card
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Juris Doctorate, 2018
- University of Alaska Southeast, Bachelors of Arts, 2013
- Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals, 2022
- Wisconsin State Bar, 2018
- Western District of Wisconsin, 2018
- Eastern District of Wisconsin, 2019
Professional associations and memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin – International Practice Section Board of Directors
- Wisconsin Association for Justice
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Dane County Bar Association
Honors and Awards
- Rising Stars, 2021 – Present
- Civil Litigation Forms Manual: Chapter 38: Alternative Dispute Resolution (Ed. 2022 Sup.)
- The Law of Damages in Wisconsin: Chapter 7: Disability and Loss of Enjoyment of Life (Ed.; 2019 – Present)
- Thailand’s Gender Equality Act: A Solution for the United States’ Transgender Bathroom Debate, Wisconsin International Law Journal (2018)