Experienced Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse Attorneys
As parents and loved ones grow older, we often look to nursing homes to care for our elderly family members. We expect them to provide thoughtful, competent care, but in some instances negligence and abuse can occur.
Nursing home neglect and abuse may manifest as physical or emotional neglect, emotional, sexual or verbal abuse or financial exploitation. Neglect and abuse are most often caused by staffing shortages, lack of training and experience or poor supervision, management and record keeping.
When it comes to your elderly loved ones, don’t hesitate to get them the justice they deserve. At Gingras, Thomsen & Wachs, we’ll fight to make sure they get compensation for any nursing home abuse or neglect.
Common Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse Scenarios
Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse cases in Wisconsin often involve:
- Rapid weight loss
- Unexplained bruises, broken bones or other injuries
- Developing bedsores
- Poor hygiene or soiled bedding
- Falls, especially if they become more than an isolated incident
- Sudden agitation or emotional withdrawal
- Unusual depression or lack of interest in activities they previously enjoyed
- Being given incorrect medication
- Staff substituting strong medications or sedatives for supervision
- Changes to a Will or Power of Attorney
- Financial problems, missing property or money
- No explanation for a patient’s unsatisfactory condition
Contact Gingras, Thomsen & Wachs to have your nursing home neglect case evaluated by one of our experienced attorneys. Se habla español.
Common Questions About Nursing Home Neglect and Abuse
Legal Options Following Nursing Home Neglect or Abuse
If you or your loved was a victim of nursing home neglect or abuse and you decide to take legal action, Gingras, Thomsen & Wachs will fight for compensation, which may include:
- Medical expenses — past, present and future
- Pain, suffering, loss of enjoyment of life and interference with family relationships
- Emotional distress
- Alternate care
- Punitive damages
- Death and disability when applicable
Contact Us for a Free Consultation