About Paul A. Kinne
I grew up on a farm between Mount Horeb and Verona, Wisconsin. I am married with three school aged children. I live in Middleton, where I serve on the school board and on the personnel committee for my church.
I have always loved to argue, so after completing my undergraduate education, I enrolled in UW Madison Law School. I graduated in 1993, and have been fighting for the underdog ever since. Helping people in need has always motivated me. I take pride in giving voice to people who otherwise would be silenced by the system.
“Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.”
– John Kennedy
When You’re Not Working… I enjoy watching hockey. While I can barely skate, I got hooked on the UW Men’s hockey team back in the late 1980s. I would listen to the games while milking cows. Now, I am a fan not only of the men’s team, but also the women’s team, and each of my kids play, too.
- J.D., University of Wisconsin – Madison, 1993
- B.A., University of Wisconsin, with honors – Madison, 1990
- Wisconsin State Bar, 1993
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
Professional Associations and Memberships
Honors and Awards
- 2021 Leaders in the Law Honoree, Wisconsin Law Journal
- Wisconsin Rising Star, 2006-2007
- Wisconsin Super Lawyer, 2009-Present
- Best Lawyers in America, 2016-Present
- Best Lawyers’ Lawyer of the Year, 2019
- Who’s Who in America