Litigation Paralegal – Milwaukee
We are searching for a motivated Litigation Paralegal who loves the challenge of litigation and has an eye for the details. This position is full-time and based in our Milwaukee location in the Third Ward.
The litigation paralegal will work directly with our attorneys to prepare for upcoming cases, get involved in fact-finding projects and be responsible for managing and maintaining all case files. Must have ability to manage deadlines with multiple priorities, work under pressure, and appropriately handle confidential information. The ideal candidate for this position is organized, professional, responsible, and committed to helping us meet our clients’ needs.
- Extensive client contact
- Managing the day-to-day legal casework and progression of cases
- Pre-suit and post-suit case work
- Filing in State and Federal Courts
- Drafting correspondence, demands, pleadings, discovery, and other litigation related documents
- Correspondence and contact with medical professionals
- Arranging depositions, mediations, arbitrations, etc.
- Assist with trial preparation
- Maintain attorney and client calendars
- Create and/or maintain meticulous records, spreadsheets, and files
- Handling client settlements
- Other related tasks as assigned
- Associate or Undergraduate degree in Paralegal or a related field
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of Personal Injury and Plaintiff’s work
- Minimum of 3 years of litigation experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in a law office
- Expert knowledge of MS office, and some experience with practice management systems
- Ability to understand and analyze data
- Strong legal writing skills
Compensation & Benefits
Gingras, Thomsen & Wachs offers a great work environment with good people. Gingras, Thomsen & Wachs offers a very competitive salary and an excellent benefits package, including insurance coverage and 401K. This is a full-time position.