Working as Wisconsin Counsel, Gingras, Thomsen & Wachs won a $143 million for a nationwide class of consumers in anti-trust litigation.
GTW Case Result
Experienced Class Action Attorneys
When you’re harmed by a large corporation, it’s easy to feel powerless. A class action lawsuit brings together people who have been harmed in the same way — whether it be by the same defective product or wrongful action. Individual cases may not be worth enough to support a lawsuit, but when they band together, the value of the lawsuit adds up. That’s when a class action makes sense. Other names for class action lawsuits include mass tort litigation or multi-district litigation (MDL).
Class action lawsuits often involve several firms working with hundreds, or even thousands, of plaintiffs in different federal courts. An attorney experienced with class action lawsuits is crucial to bringing a successful case. Gingras, Thomsen & Wachs has litigated dozens of class action lawsuits, with millions of dollars in settlements earned for clients.
Class Action Specifics
A class action lawsuit allows many people with the same legal claim against an organization to act at the same time. Depending on the action, different people may have experienced different types of harm. They will be sorted into “classes” in the lawsuit.
Grouping people who are injured, defrauded or otherwise harmed by a product, service or business can help improve efficiency and lower the legal costs of a lawsuit.
Notable cases settled by GTW include:
- DePuy Hip Implants – metal on metal hip recall cases
- Syngenta Corn – consumer fraud cases involving corn seed
- Stryker Hip Implants – metal on metal hip recall cases
- ACTOS – diabetes drug with a link to causing cancer
- Bair Hugger Litigation against 3M – warming blankets used in surgery that caused infections
Contact Us for a FREE Consultation
Common Questions About Class Action Lawsuits
Legal Options in a Class Action Lawsuit
If you are involved in a class action lawsuit, Gingras, Thomsen & Wachs will fight for compensation for you and your fellow plaintiffs, which may include:
- Medical expenses — past, present and future
- Pain, suffering, loss of enjoyment of life and interference with family relationships
- Emotional distress
- Lost wages, future earnings and earning capacity
- Punitive damages
- Death and disability when applicable
Contact Us for a Free Consultation