Slip and Fall Lawyers

Experienced Slip and Fall Attorneys

There are hidden dangers everywhere when you visit a home or business. A stair with a loose handrail, an icy driveway or poor lighting can change your life in an instant. If you’ve been injured due to a slip or fall on someone else’s property, you may be entitled to compensation for your injury.

In the state of Wisconsin, if a property owner knows of a danger on their property and fails to fix it or provide adequate warning, they are liable for any injuries that may occur.

Gingras, Thomsen & Wachs has fought for victim’s rights in slip and fall cases for more than 35 years. We understand the lasting pain caused to you, and we’ll fight to get you the justice deserved.

Contact us about your slip and fall case

Common Causes of Slip and Fall Injuries

Slip and Fall Injuries in Wisconsin are most often caused by:

  • Improper property maintenance – loose treads or handrails, cracked tiles, buckling carpet, loose rugs, leaks, potholes in the pavement
  • Visibility concerns – hidden drop-offs, unmarked changes in the height of steps or curbs, poor lighting
  • Inadequate snow or ice removal
  • Cluttered store aisles
"I was represented by Gingras, Thomsen & Wachs because I was severely injured while on another person's property. Gingras, Thomsen & Wachs was able to show that the person was clearly at fault and we were able to settle the case out of court. They were always available to me. They did a great job."

Margaret H.

Contact Us for a FREE Consultation

Contact Gingras, Thomsen & Wachs to have your slip and fall case evaluated by one of our experienced attorneys. Se habla español.

Speak to an experienced slip and fall attorney

Common Questions After a Slip and Fall

I suffered a slip and fall, what should I do?

If you suffer a slip and fall injury, you should first visit a doctor and seek medical treatment. Slip and fall incidents often result in serious musculoskeletal injuries like broken bones, slipped discs, spinal cord injuries, torn ligaments and more. The extent of these injuries may not be clear immediately, so a thorough exam is important.

After receiving medical care, notify the property owner about your injury and ask for the name of their insurance company. Make sure that you document everything that you can. Take pictures of your injuries and try to take a picture of the condition that caused your slip and fall incident. Make a list of witnesses, and keep track of any medical bills or other expenses that you have incurred as a result of your injuries.

The next step is opening a claim with the property owner’s insurance carrier. If you have been injured, seek the representation of an attorney before providing a statement to another party.

Lastly, get in touch with Gingras, Thomsen & Wachs for a review of your case. Our personal injury attorneys specializing in slip and fall injuries will review your situation and recommend next steps, which may include legal action.
See More

What if I slipped at a family member or friends house? Who is liable?

Most property owners or renters are required to purchase public liability insurance by their mortgage lenders or landlords. While it be nerve-wracking to pursue a slip and fall case that involves family or friends, oftentimes their insurance will cover any claims. You owe it to yourself to make sure you're compensated for all medical bills and expenses, lost income, pain and suffering and other losses.
See More

Do I still have a claim if my health insurance or worker’s compensation paid my medical bills after a slip and fall?

Those injured by a slip and fall accident are entitled to the full value of their medical treatment. This includes the actual cost of the treatment, not just their copay or deductible. Oftentimes, insurance carriers attempt to reduce damages by offering to pay only “out of pocket” expenses, which leaves the injured person less than whole.

While your health insurance carrier has to pay for your medical expenses, they also have the right to be paid back. This is generally referred to as subrogation.

Keep in mind that you may be entitled to more than medical expense reimbursement. Punitive damages such as pain and suffering, emotional distress, lost wages and more are often part of personal injury cases.
See More

Whose insurance has to pay for my medical bills if I am injured in a slip and fall?

The property owner and their insurance company are responsible for expenses that may result from the incident, including medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering and other losses.
See More

How long do I have to file a claim after a slip and fall?

The statute of limitations is a time limit established by the laws of Wisconsin, and it determines how long you have to file a lawsuit. The statute of limitations varies depending on the details of your slip and fall incident, so we recommend you pursue your case immediately.
See More

Legal Options Following a Slip and Fall Injury

If you suffer a slip and fall injury due to someone else’s negligence and decide to take legal action, Gingras, Thomsen & Wachs will fight for compensation, which may include:

  • Disability
  • Disfigurement and scarring
  • Pain, suffering, loss of enjoyment of life and interference with family relationships
  • Emotional distress
  • Lost wages, future earnings and earning capacity
  • Past, present and future medical bills
  • Wrongful death

Contact Us for a Free Consultation