About Bob J. Gingras
I started the firm in 1989. It was only me and my paralegal. We now have four offices throughout the state and 12 attorneys as well as great employees. Our core values are hard work, honesty and fortitude. These are the same values I learned from my parents growing up in Minot, North Dakota.
I practice law because I love fighting for the underdog. I take on the big corporations, insurance companies, and the government in order to right serious wrongs. I relish the fact that I can equal the playing field for my clients. Whether it be sexual harassment in the work place, or an insurance company denying a claim it should honor, or a drunk driver changing a family’s life forever – nothing is more rewarding for me than cross examining the wrong doer and obtaining a settlement or jury verdict that speaks the truth. I am great at my job because I believe in these words.
Favorite movie: The Verdict
What is your greatest accomplishment?
Being inducted into the Semi Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio.
- J.D., University of Wisconsin-Madison, cum laude, 1981
- B.A., University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1976
- Wisconsin State Bar, 1981
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals 7th Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Dane County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Wisconsin;
- Wisconsin Association for Justice
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
Honors and Awards
- 2021 Leaders in the Law Honoree, Wisconsin Law Journal
- Multi-Million Advocates Forum, 2009
- The Best Lawyers in Madison, Madison Magazine, 1994-Present
- The Best Lawyers in America,1989-Present
- Wisconsin Super Lawyer, 2006-Present
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), Present