About Chad Kemp
I am a lifelong resident of the city of Madison and grew up in the Verona area. I am a proud two-time graduate of the University of Wisconsin. I previously established my own practice before joining Gingras, Thomsen & Wachs.
After law school I returned to the City of Verona, where I currently serve on the City Council. In my spare time I enjoy baking, cooking, competition BBQ, golf, historical documentaries and playing a number of instruments. I’m also known to be quite the trivia player and am an avid fan of all things Packers, Badgers, Brewers and Bucks.
I have been interested in the law and social justice as long as I can remember. The family legend is that the first time my grandfather saw me he declared I would be a lawyer one day. I enjoy working closely with my clients in an effort to deliver justice when they have been wronged. Knowing that allows me to wake up everyday and deliver maximum effort for each client.
“There are many ways of going forward, but only one way of standing still.”
-Franklin D. Roosevelt
When you’re not working… I am watching sports or constantly giving my daughter underduck pushes on the swing set.
- J.D. University of Wisconsin Law School, 2008
- B.A. University of Wisconsin, Political Science and Afro-American Studies
- Wisconsin State Bar, 2008
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 7th Circuit
Professional Associations and Memberships
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- Dane County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Wisconsin Association for Justice
- Wisconsin Association of African American Lawyers
- Verona City Council Alder District 1
- Finance Committee – Chair
- Public Works and Safety Committee
- Economic Development Committee