January 22, 2021

I was involved in an accident with a semi-truck, what should I do?

Wisconsin law requires the driver of any vehicle involved in an accident resulting in personal injury, death or property damage to remain at the scene of the crash. You should call the police, exchange information and record contact information for any witnesses.

Immediately following a truck accident, you should seek medical treatment. Visit a medical facility as soon as possible if you are enduring any sort of pain. Your health is always the top priority. Be proactive about receiving a proper diagnosis and treatment for your injuries.

The next step is opening a claim with your auto insurance carrier, as well as the truck driver’s insurance carrier. If you have been injured, seek the representation of an attorney before providing a statement to an insurance provider, trucking company or the truck driver.

Finally, get in contact with Gingras, Thomsen & Wachs to receive a case consultation. Our personal injury attorneys specializing in truck accidents will review your situation and recommend next steps, which may include legal action.

Nationally Recognized Law Firm