January 22, 2021

I was involved in a motorcycle accident, what should I do?

Wisconsin law requires the driver of any vehicle involved in an accident resulting in personal injury, death or property damage to remain at the scene of the crash. You should call the police, exchange information and record contact information for any witnesses.

Immediately after leaving the scene of a motorcycle accident, you should see a doctor and get medical treatment for any injuries. Be proactive about receiving a proper diagnosis and adequate treatment.

The next step is opening a claim with your motorcycle insurance carrier, as well as the other driver’s insurance company. If you have been injured, seek the representation of an attorney before providing a statement to another party.

Lastly, contact Gingras, Thomsen & Wachs for a review of your case. Our personal injury attorneys specializing in motorcycle accidents will review your situation and recommend next steps, which may include legal action.

Nationally Recognized Law Firm