March 16, 2021

I believe I have a civil rights case. What should I do?

If you are injured, you should first seek medical treatment. Excessive force and police brutality injuries often include gunshots, internal bleeding, spinal cord injuries, torn ligaments and head trauma. The extent of these injuries may not be clear immediately, so a thorough exam is important.

Next, collect as much information related to your case as possible. Names, titles, badge numbers and other identifying information is helpful. Emails, letters, texts, voicemails and video related to the incident will also help prove your case.

Lastly, get in touch with Gingras, Thomsen & Wachs for a review of your case. Our experienced attorneys specializing in civil rights violations will review your situation and recommend next steps, which may include legal action.

Nationally Recognized Personal Injury Lawyers