Boat accidents can be devastating.
Warmer weather in Wisconsin means hitting the lakes for some fun on your boat. But with more boats on the water, the chance for accidents increases. Boating accidents are especially dangerous because they can result in accidental drowning by a person who was not fatally injured upon initial impact. Common causes of boat accidents include:
- Distracted, reckless or negligent driving
- Excessive speed
- Driving under the influence or while intoxicated
- Driver error or inexperience
- Improper boat maintenance
- Failure to yield or leave an adequate buffer
- Equipment failure
- Adverse weather conditions
For more than 35 years, Gingras, Thomsen & Wachs has represented families across Wisconsin in boating accident cases. Our team understands that outdoor recreation comes with costly consequences if boaters are negligent. When injury strikes, our team of attorneys are here to fight and get you the outcome deserved.