Every year in Wisconsin, thousands of people are injured in motor vehicle accidents. Pedestrians are hit by drivers who don’t see them. Cars, pickup trucks, and vans are side swiped, rear ended, and struck head on. Whether you have suffered a whiplash injury, muscle strains and sprains, broken bones, cuts, or something more serious as a result of an accident, you are entitled to compensation.
Truck & Semi Accidents Attorneys in Eau Claire
The size, weight, and power of trucks and semis can cause devastation in an accident. It is not uncommon for people injured in an accident caused by a truck or semi to be killed, paralyzed, or otherwise seriously injured. The Federal Government has enacted laws to try to protect both truck and semi drivers and other people using the roads; the state of Wisconsin has done the same. While these rules do not prevent all accidents, they do help insure that people who are injured in truck and semi accidents do receive fair compensation.
Under Wisconsin law, when you’ve been injured in a car, truck or semi accident, you may be entitled to be paid for:
- Past and future medical bills for treatment of your injuries
- Out of pocket expenses related to the accident including prescriptions, co-pays, deductibles, over-the-counter medications like Advil® or Tylenol®, braces, hot or cold packs, etc.
- Your mileage to and from your health care appointments
- Your lost wages (both past lost wages and wages you will lose in the future because of disabilities or the need to seek medical care)
- Your past and future pain and suffering, disability, and/or disfigurement