June 22, 2023

What do I do if I was hit by an uninsured driver or involved in a hit-and-run accident?

In Wisconsin, your insurance company likely requires uninsured motorist coverage in addition to your liability insurance.

By definition, an uninsured motorist is anyone who does not carry auto insurance, has underinsured motorist coverage – or does not have the appropriate liability amount, or whose insurance will not cover the claim.

That means if you are hit by an uninsured motorist, your insurance company will take over and can compensate you for any injuries, up to the limits of the policy.

That uninsured motorist coverage also kicks in if you are involved in a hit-and-run accident.

However, if you are involved in a car collision with an uninsured motorist, you can still file a personal lawsuit against the at-fault party.

Nationally Recognized Law Firm