January 26, 2021

I suffered a slip and fall, what should I do?

If you suffer a slip and fall injury, you should first visit a doctor and seek medical treatment. Slip and fall incidents often result in serious musculoskeletal injuries like broken bones, slipped discs, spinal cord injuries, torn ligaments and more. The extent of these injuries may not be clear immediately, so a thorough exam is important.

After receiving medical care, notify the property owner about your injury and ask for the name of their insurance company. Make sure that you document everything that you can. Take pictures of your injuries and try to take a picture of the condition that caused your slip and fall incident. Make a list of witnesses, and keep track of any medical bills or other expenses that you have incurred as a result of your injuries.

The next step is opening a claim with the property owner’s insurance carrier. If you have been injured, seek the representation of an attorney before providing a statement to another party.

Lastly, get in touch with Gingras, Thomsen & Wachs for a review of your case. Our personal injury attorneys specializing in slip and fall injuries will review your situation and recommend next steps, which may include legal action.

Nationally Recognized Law Firm